rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Pancho, Mexico: Travel Report

San Pancho, Mexico: Travel Report

Quote: (11-05-2008 11:39 AM)jmb Wrote:  

Nice trip! Can you talk about what you did for the day of the dead?

Yo jmb,

They celebrated the day of the dead on Friday and Saturday night, with Saturday night being the biggest night. Friday night was pretty mellow, and we were scheduled to leave for our off-shore fishing tournament at 4 in the morning. After being there for five days, having the wedding the night before, and having to wake up so early the next morning, we were all pretty faded and went to bed pretty early.

After spending almost 9 hours on the boat in blistering heat, we were even more faded Saturday night. There was a farewell dinner scheduled for that night and we finished the dinner around 11. I was absolutely beat from the week, but hung out a bit to watch the locals in their costumes. The town of San Pancho had a parade on the beach that night which was pretty cool, and it was neat to see all the kids dressed up.

Looking back on the trip, I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to do more shit. I was with friends that I hadn't seen since college (almost 7 years), and spent most of the week hanging with them at our casa.

I wish I could've experienced more local culture, but unfortunately, that was not the case. Meh, what can you do?

Fortune favors the bold.

Messages In This Thread