rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If a chic doesn't respond to a first text, do you try again?

If a chic doesn't respond to a first text, do you try again?

Quote: (12-17-2010 10:53 AM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

As i just posted on another thread, texting sucks for making connections, especially setting up a first date. You should save the contact for when you have an opportunity to talk in person or over the phone.

But in the instance that you already texted her and she didn't respond, you don't want to keep following up with direct texts on the same topic that she didn't respond to before. That's weak behavior and lame and will get you no-where, unless she actually just forgot to text you back, which would be rare.

In this instance, I would work to establish a report with her via text. Just get her to communicate with you about anything. I recommend non-sequiter texting, which I think Roissy has an article about, and if you are good at being direct you can roll this over into direct sexual texting, once she is communicating with you, which will pique her interest for a date. But you probably need some practice and study in being direct before this would work. So, non-sequiter texting to get her into a back and forth communication pattern with you, and then a casual invite for a meet up. This might take several weeks, and is a bit of a long shot. But its probably your only hope as far as texting for a date goes.

Number closes, in general, are low probability plays. I've had women number close me, direct me to call them, and then flake on a date. So, figure that one out. However, I have to state that the last time that happened I tried to set up the date via text. And, not to sound overly-confident, but I was good in my technique in doing so. It didn't matter. Its the medium of communication that was largely to blame, as far as I can figure out. Once she's out of the magic of the moment of that first conversation with you, that feeling is usually lost on her. Texting is emotionless. You have to get her on the phone to remind her of the emotional reward (through whatever style of game that you have) that will come from going on a date with you. Twenty minute conversations mean nothing to women, even if the guy feels a vibe. She might have one of those a night with a guy, each of which whom number closes her.

This is why you have to be good at leaving messages. I always call first, and i know there is a 90% chance it's going to voicemail.

I personally hate facebook, so I don't do that. When I tell a girl I don't have one the girls that are younger 18-21ish seem to be indifferent and the ones that are 22-25 seem to like that I don't have one. 26+ are disappointed but only because they want to see photos....

Messages In This Thread