rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How have you dealth with STDs?

How have you dealth with STDs?

Quote: (02-14-2014 02:20 AM)gringochileno Wrote:  

tl;dr: yes you can treat known or strongly suspected STDs before knowing the results of testing. But you should get tested anyway and you should not take antibiotics "just in case" every X number of notches or rawdogs.

Which is essentially what I wrote in my original post. You could have saved yourself from this crusade against prophylaxis by simply reading that post more carefully. Much of what you wrote has been debunked previously by doctors on this forum (for example, Thomas the Rhymer gave actual data rather than rhetoric in another thread).

Also, you should read these posts in the context of where they are written. Being an RVF rawdogger on holiday in SE-Asia is already an indication of risk.

More specifically:

- You are dreaming if you think a single round of antibiotics is a concern for creating resistance. There are many cases where they are prescribed based only on suspicion. For example, If someone shows signs of gonorrhoea (even without testing), doxycycline will also be prescribed for Chlamydia.

- The articles you quoted in relation to testing for Trichomoniasis and Chlamydia confirm what I wrote earlier.

- Prophylaxis is indicated whenever there is a perceived risk. Where I am, the 3-drug regime is indicated for condom-broke-in-hooker incidents and other risky events. Pharmacists are authorised to recommend prophylaxis for high-risk events. Truvada is provided to some hookers as pre-exposure prophylaxis against HIV.

Messages In This Thread