rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Escaped from the POD: How to get things done while on parole

I Escaped from the POD: How to get things done while on parole

IKE,

The great thing to do with coffee is to ritualize it -- more pleasure in every sense -- and strictly keep it to one serving per day, in the AM and at least 12 hours before bed. That's enough to get plenty of benefit and very little adrenal fatigue.

Depressives, the anxious, etc, do poorly with caffeine unless it's regularized and strictly moderate, but they can benefit from it if done correctly.

Alcohol should be avoided in a natural depressive like yourself IKE -- I'd wager that you'd drop all the excess weight and all the excess introspection if you just eliminated alcohol completely for a year. And after that superb year, you would probably realize that at your age, the minimal benefits are easily outweighed by the serious, insidious depressive harms.

Just think of it -- all you have to do to have a completely revitalized life is: sleep and wake same time every day and use a light box to keep schedule entrained and mood high; eliminate alcohol; restrict and ritualize your coffee in the AM; and eat slightly smaller portions at each meal, while doing some enjoyable daily exercise.

None of the above is that difficult and the payoff is immense, ridiculous: a whole new life. You'll be talking about your body as POSSIBILITY rather than TIME. You will look at things with the fresh eyes of someone who has had the courage to flush his system of waste.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread