rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Escaped from the POD: How to get things done while on parole

I Escaped from the POD: How to get things done while on parole

Today is my first day off after conclusion of my 3 month contract working in health care in an public institution with indigent people. I don't want to get into the details too much, but let's just say these are people who are not pleasant to be around. The management was OK, my boss was nice and the people above him your basic do-nothing-but-interfere dopes.

I saw all the full-time employees there, some very overweight, with nothing else in their minds but to keep going to work there until they're too old to do it anymore. I used to be baffled by them, now I appreciate the world couldn't run without them, people like me are the oddballs.

I saved up a good chunk of money that will enable me to take off for at least a year combined with my small passive income.

But today I am sitting here shell-shocked, I should be happy, but I had to switch into treadmill mode to survive.

Big thing I realized: When you ACT like a drone , you start to BECOME one and when you try to STOP acting, it takes time.

Before I went back to work at the job, I was doing creative things--writing, editing video, but I had run out of money to sit in Starbucks and finish things.

Now I have money, but I am burnt out and feel i have to regroup.

When you have to go back to the POD ( exhausting work setting) you don't just lose the time in the POD, you lose recovery time too.

On the plus side, I relearned how to put my nose to grindstone, when I feel better I want to start scheduling a little more, but not like a regular job.

IDEAS FOR TIME MANAGEMENT FOR THOSE WITH INDEPENDENT INCOME

So I have 1-2 years off guaranteed: After that, I might have to go back for a few months again.

HOW DO I MAXIMIZE MY PRODUCTIVITY WITH NO ONE WATCHING ME?

Years ago I decided to go for the 1-2 year time-off periods rather than save 'til I'm 70 and totally retire. Separate debate, if you are younger and want a big pile before you quit more power to you, I wasn't that smart and am on a different path.
I have this idea: Delineate three time periods that match your natural daily rhythms. You can do something if you want, or fuck it and rest or take a nap if you want.

I'll say for experiments' sake, given my own metabolism:

9 AM to 12 Noon : After breakfast and bathing, the most alert, highest Mental Period of the day. Do most difficult intellectual tasks here that don't require physical warmup. For instance, starting online accounts, learning new languages.

2:30PM to 7 PM Physical Endurance. Practicing musical instruments, athletic workouts, also doing repetitive tedious things like video editing that take lower mental acuity but are physically taxing.

8:30 to 12 midnight : Mystery period-- Jam sessions, prolonged sessions with girls, going to concerts, what ever you dream of. Most relaxed period because you know you did well in your earlier two productivity periods.

Any one else lucky enough to have FREE TIME ( the most valuable thing in the whole world after health) have any ideas how to get things done?

Messages In This Thread