rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let's talk pants

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-19-2014 09:37 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2014 10:28 PM)puckman Wrote:  

after many years I have found the perfect pants. I too have hockey butt, huge thighs and legs, which makes finding and fitting pants a Tough thing. For suits I am better off getting custom made, for regular pants I usually have to go up a size or two in slim fit to find the optimal fit. I wear these on the weekends http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/

Dress pants without wearing a suit look dorky and I refuse to wear them anymore.

I also got into raw denim a few years ago. I found these after trying APC and AG's, which blew out fast and looked bad after a short time. I found RRL by Ralph Lauren, made of Japanese denim. I buy the raw and black pair, and have three pair now, that I wear to work usually with dress shoes and tucked or untucked dress shirt. My first pair are two years old, have worn them 300+, hand washed maybe 10x in my bath tub, and the fade is awesome. The crotch blew out about a month ago, and the RRL store fixed it for free! Now these arent cheap($225), but a few things; they will last you 5+ years easy, probably more if you hand wash occasionally. They are made from the best denim, look the best, imho the best jeans made. Have three pair for work and dont plan on buying another pair for years. If you are looking for a nice pair to go out in, esp the black ones, these are it.

Im not a huge fan of rrls personally and Ill expand on that below. But to clarify, most raw denim brands use Japanese Denim this isnt particular to Ralph Lauren, in fact RRL made the switch back to American cone denim last year, you will notice a downgrade in their denim from years past, far lighter, and just inferior, stock of the old Japanese denims is dwindling so expect rrl durablity to take a hit over the next couple years.

awesome post dude, I am going to have to hit you up next time I buy more. I did notice when they went over to American cone, and bought the last Japanese they had in stock at the RRL store here. I really didnt like the American version, and these were my first foray into high end denim. When I buy my next pair I will try the higher end, I like anything over 14oz. The lightweight stuff was what I first tried, but I wore those AG's almost everyday for a year so it was due.

Quick question, the fades on the RRL's are what I would call subtle or blurry, not the crisp, high contrasting and sharp whispering you might expect. Have washed this pair maybe 10x cold water, hang dry, worn 300+. I have seen this with other guys pairs that work at the RRL store. Is this what I can expect with the heavier weight? Or is this just RRL? Do these other higher end Japanese brands do this as well? I noticed the indigo takes a long time to completely rub off, and I think because of this it runs into the fades and gives it less contrast.

Messages In This Thread