rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best no bullshit fitness and weight traning site I've seen

The best no bullshit fitness and weight traning site I've seen

Like that site.

Totally agree with what MikeCF is saying.

CrossFit is not for everyone. Crossfit style work outs can tax the body heavily and raise cortisol levels which drain the adrenals and contribute to hormonal problems such as lowered testosterone and fatigue. Especially if you have a bad aerobic capacity. You need to crawl before you walk and walk before you run, literally.

My buddy owns a crossfit and I laugh when I see all these fat out of shape people coming in and signing up. CrossFit should be for elite athletes, people who have a very good aerobic capacity.

Went to a sports doctor recently and he called me out big time. Said I am in an anaerobic surplus and have an aerobic deficiency. Turns out even the so called 'cardio' I thought I was doing was becoming anaerobic because my heart rate was always to high. What can I say I like to push myself.

Now, I've taken a break from all lifting and crossfit style workouts for the past 3 weeks. Instead I've been doing a 10 minute walk warm up, then a light jog at a heart rate of 135-145 (I have a heart rate monitor) for 30 minutes followed by a 10 minute cool down walk. Usually five days a week. In this time I haven't really lost any muscle but lost some fat and I'm looking more ripped than ever.

At a heart rate of 135-145 I am burning all fat for energy and building my aerobic capacity. I did 3 miles in 36 minutes at my fat burning heart rate and now the test is to get those 3 miles done faster and faster at the same heart rate. At that point I'm going to re introduce body weight exercises (pull ups, dips, squats) and after that re introduce strong lifts with the 3 minute breaks in between sets.

Stress is cumulative and I didn't realize how much my workouts were doing more harm than good to my health. I looked great but didn't always feel great energy and libido wise and now I know why. We live in this no pain no gain society but really you should feel good after a workout, not drained and exhausted.

If you have fatigue and low hormones take a good look at your aerobic capacity and workout routine.

Being jacked and bulked out is cool but not if it puts your test and sex drive in the shitter.

Messages In This Thread