rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are airplane pilots badly paid?

Are airplane pilots badly paid?

I was reading a book about the airline industry - and it mentioned that the starting salary for pilots isn't much above what the minimum wage is here here in the UK.

Anyway - I have checked out YouTube to see what I can find. And I am really surprised to see how poorly paid airplane pilots are these days.

Remember the pilot who safely ditched his plane in the Hudson river? Well he is featured in the clip below complaining about how much the salaries of pilots has been cut. Along with the testimonials of alot other pilots as well.

A friend of mine from school went to America to become an airplane pilot. And I lost contact with him. But in my mind I always imagined he would be pulling down a big wage in that profession. Now I am not sure what to think.

Do any of you know if the situation really is this bad for pilots these days? I am surprised this isn't reported on more. Since being a pilot always seemed like a guaranteed route to the upper-middle classes.

Messages In This Thread