rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making a big bet on one investment

Making a big bet on one investment

I've been thinking of making a big bet on one investment. Going for something that has the potential to go up 100-1000%, with the high-risk that goes hand in hand with such high reward plays.

Foreign currencies are one such area, but I've been burned playing that game before so I think I'll stay away.

Small mining companies also offer high risk, high reward type situations. This is the one I may opt for given that there are inherent advantages to investing in micro-caps. The big "sharks" don't generally play this game because they're too small to invest in.

The other idea is to utilize something like GuruFocus -- and mimick the investment moves (albeit with a time lag) of guys like Soros and Paulson.

Anyone make some big bets that paid or didn't pay off, and what lessons have you learned? Have you found some good insiders who you source investment ideas from?

Messages In This Thread