rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

Quote: (12-25-2015 06:31 PM)TroubleMaker Wrote:  

As someone who works IT for a company that works closely with the government, there will never be total anonymity. Just food for thought.

Best bet would be a fake name - most domain registrars don't give a damn about your name, simply that the name on your credit card billing statement matches your given name and address.

I'd say a fake name with a fake PayPal email would mostly suffice. Of course you'd still have to fund it in one way or another that would eventually have to be your real name. But I'd be more inclined to trust PayPal's security more than a domain registrar's.

I put my face out on my blog recently and I just decided that I was tired of thinking about trying to cover my tracks. I don't give a damn about family/friends opinions and I'm leaving the full-time career path behind in March - I just decided I didn't care. I figure if it ever gets to the point where somebody wants to truly cause damage to my life, I'll be big enough and have the money to fight back.

And my blog definitely does not fall under the 'clean cut' topic category [Image: wink.gif]

Good info.

I'm also getting ready to launch a new blog under my real name. I've run a couple of anonymous blogs over the years, but this time around I want to own and control my own brand (me) for marketing, and even potential employment/business opportunities. I plan on publishing several books under my real name, so it will be beneficial to establish myself as something of an authority figure.

That being said, I am a tad bit worried about the importance of self-censorship. My writing is somewhat red pill (though not specifically about game), but I never try to be super inflammatory. I'll just have to be careful and accept that there is always a certain degree of risk anytime you don't share the same views as the sheep.

Messages In This Thread