rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laid off today and need advice

Laid off today and need advice

Hey fellas,

Work let me go today (I'm a contractor). Had a feeling this would occur (though not quite this early) so I put my resume out there right before the holiday break.

Except the thing is, I'm getting no love from hiring managers or headhunters (past and present). Qualifications, experiences, references lineup and my social media presence is also on point.

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to believe there's a negative attitude towards HB-1s and though I'm a citizen, my IRT sounding name might actually be hindering my prospects. Or, is it cause I look black (I'm actually mixed with a bunch of things)? Are these concerns valid? Obviously, you can tell I'm frustrated.

Anyway, please PM me if any of you are aware of any project manager openings in the SF Bay Area (preferably marketing but I can do IT too). I have a master's degree (I know doesn't count for anything in these circles) but I believe it provides a way of thinking and I also come with a few years of experience.

Thanks guys.

quick pink slip bitter rant...Mid-level beta male managers/directors are as detrimental to society/economy as anything else mentioned on this forum. That is all.

Messages In This Thread