rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Career/Life trajectory advice please

Career/Life trajectory advice please

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try to respond to the salient points:

1.) I'm ok with some programming, but I really actually prefer to look at data and analyze that rather than write code all day. Of course, getting the data necessitates writing code. That's fine to a point, just don't want to be BI developer making dashboards all day unless it pays stupid good money to do so.

2.) Have thought of a PHD, but it's really not on the table until my youngest (1yr) is in kindergarten. Simply not affordable without HUGE loans. And staying married (barring a dramatic rise in income/fortunes) [Image: sad.gif]. Couldn't afford child support +alimony on a PhD student salary.

3.) Finding advice from other statisticians is surprisingly hard to get. Holy shit I've never realized what a bunch of fucking wankers my professional association was until this point. endless blathering about how they're so wonderful but are too stupid to help new members of the profession actually get a job. Or Network or anything like that. No wonder only 30% of grads join up these days. Never thought about it until now.

4.) Wife is on the 2nd possible lowest dose for the drug she uses. I can't find the name (she's visiting family overseas this week with the kids), but it's basically a drug that makes her not care enough to actually be crazy. Has post partum depression and a mild mood disorder. Has a competent psychiatrist she sees, NOT just any old MD.

She's not a complete zombie. Just partially zombified enough to have sex with her actually become an unpleasant experience. She's doesn't say no. But she's rarely into it. Because she has no reactional desire sex drive. It gets to me after a while. Makes all my instincts go crazy, the only time a normal woman should act like a simulcra during sex is when she's screwing another man. (Ruled that out btw.)

5.) My life is improving, but I know I needed to cast a wider net to get advice.

6.) Absolutely realized I made a bad decision in a weak moment to marry my wife. Have regretted it for years but kept hoping things would get better. They kind of have, but I'm not really attracted to my wife anymore.

By definitions of the forum, she's all over the map. Let herself get fat and develop hygeine problems. (related to the depression and the drug she's on.) Yet at the same time, doesn't shit test much. Has a pleasant demeanor when she's medicated. Good with kids, gets along with my family. Good values, isn't a feminist. Open to red pill concepts. Just really not very feminine or useful around the house. (

Just a note FYI, I do post on athol kay's MMSL forums, so I go there for marriage advice. I actually physically, want to cheat and screw other women. Really I do. Mentally and spiritually I realize that's a pretty shitty thing to do, so I don't. But damned if it isn't tempting. I WORK AT A UNIVERSITY. EYE CANDY EVERYWHERE.

Messages In This Thread