rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ex-NFL Punter and Gay Rights Activists Strikes back at Team

Ex-NFL Punter and Gay Rights Activists Strikes back at Team

So Chris Kluwe was a punter for about 8 years for the Minnesota Vikings. He's the best punter in the franchises history in terms of some statistics, and was always pretty steady. He began to start speaking out on behalf of same-sex marriage, and he feels like he was let go from his job because of his activism.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-...1493208214

Quote:Quote:

Hello. My name is Chris Kluwe, and for eight years I was the punter for the Minnesota Vikings. In May 2013, the Vikings released me from the team. At the time, quite a few people asked me if I thought it was because of my recent activism for same-sex marriage rights, and I was very careful in how I answered the question. My answer, verbatim, was always, "I honestly don't know, because I'm not in those meetings with the coaches and administrative people."

This is a true answer. I honestly don't know if my activism was the reason I got fired.

However, I'm pretty confident it was.

To me the guy seems a little miffed that he got cut and is attacking his old coaches. His vendetta against the special teams coach seems to be leaving a lot unsaid and really paints him as way worse of a human being than I think could exist in a position like that. He should understand that it's a business and he should've seriously stepped up his play in order to protect his job, because there's always another guy waiting in line to do your job just as well and keep quiet while he's doing it. What're your guys thoughts on this?

Messages In This Thread