rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

I agree with Frenchie, disagree with Youngmobileglobal (even though I generally like his posts).

Move somewhere where you don't know anyone. Make sure the $/life/pussy balance is optimal. The internet has given everyone a voice about entrepreneurship and it's lovely. Unfortunately, most "entrepreneur" bloggers only bank a tad more than what's necessary to pay the bills and take far too many pictures when they finally afforded a trip to Asia/Europe and then beg for opt-in emails so they can sling "Quit Your 9-5" products. I probably do 20K in a month and during startup/lean days, I don't think I would've made it (mentally) without money in the bank. The ambition was in place, but knowing that you can survive for 3, 6, 9 months is key. Everyone talks a big game but @ the end of the day self-reliance is what really matters and at 20, you don't know shit. Sorry, but that's the truth. It's also a HUGE advantage. Milk it.

I'd look at cities with a low cost of living, great job market, and at least one university. Don't move to LA or NYC unless you just want to bang yatches and leave with close to net zero $ when you move on. At 20, you can still infiltrate college parties without issue and play the "I already graduated @ 20 and am scoping masters programs" card. 99.1% of members on this forum have never been in your situation; you need to exploit it to the max.

Start pipelining opportunities immediately and run the math on what you think you can realistically save while having a great time. Dallas is probably your best bet, esp. given your academic focus. People shit on that city (myself included), but the talent is amazing, tons of fine Asian girls, and the $ to living ratio is highly favorable. Also, we both know how much Asians in college love to hang out with other Asians and occasionally, a couple white dudes. Asians in Tejas love to hang with/date/bang other Asians. That's your second easy exploit. Don't want to bang Asians anymore? Plenty of talent

If possible, land a gig in a district/hub/area where the dope shit is. Commuting sucks and the extra 5, 10, 20K per year is not worth the long haul it takes to get your ass into work everyday. I have two friends with degrees in applied mathematics (stats and econ/finance) and they both bank, econ/finance is married and stats BANKS but is too zenophobic to go anywhere aside from Cabo.

The notion that a hiring manager will respect your entrepreneurial ambition is way off. You're young and graduating early. Hiring manager probably graduated @ 25. He/she wants stability Sally, not the guy who is going to pocket some cash and bounce in a year. He hires people and his supervisor(s) look at direct employment metrics, including length of employment for every hire. [Image: whip.gif]

Get a dope gig in a non-shit city and save cash. I don't really care if you want to start a company, but it'll put some hair on your chest, guaranteed.

Messages In This Thread