rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

There's some really, really good advice in this thread. I'm a CPA - passed my exams relatively quick while everyone else went out and wasted time. They are now suffering and I'm able to actually live life somewhat balanced (outside of tax busy season). It was a soul-crushing exam though, I feel your pain when it comes to having to take any type of professional test.

While the license won't necessarily help you if you start your own business, it's great insurance. Now that I have a CPA and some years of experience, I'm pretty much guaranteed a job for life in public accounting. Granted tax accounting isn't the most exhilarating of work, but it's a skill that can be applied to businesses. I've recently been staffed on hedge funds and have been learning more about investments, it's been a great move. By the way, getting through all the actuary exams does mean something to existing businesses and gives you rep.

Working at big firms does not always mean better. I work at a mid-tier firm, and can honestly say it was the best decision I made. Look for the job that allows you to learn more and move up quicker instead of prestige of the firm. I'd recommend the job out of college. Don't burn bridges, best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Messages In This Thread