rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don Juan, Oedipus and The Game

Don Juan, Oedipus and The Game

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:02 PM)soup Wrote:  

I was recently talking with a friend who works in psychology about game, and they were saying that it sounded similar to Don Juanism

"Don Juanism or Don Juan syndrome is a non-clinical term for the desire, in a man, to have sex with many different female partners due to his latent homosexuality or insecurity about his masculinity.[1]"

They also brought up the concept of the Oedipal Victor.

The idea behind the victor is a variation of the story Oedipus. The victor is actually able to win the affections of the mother from the father at a very early age and gains great confidence and will be undaunted by future rivals because he's already got his 10 (his mother, the ideal woman). He goes through his life constantly pushing boundaries and supposedly has an unconscious desire to have someone put him in his place (like a longing for a missing father figure).

My friend was saying that it is a fake confidence because it comes from the insecurity.

I mentioned that maybe that doesn't matter because if girls are attracted to his confidence, be it false or whatever, then maybe he doesn't need "real" confidence.

Does happiness come from confidence? I don't think that being happy necessarily makes you more confident.

Does a constant conquest for pussy really point to some kind of insecurity?

I think this is Freud stuff so it's probably outdated, but I thought it was interesting that confidence was recognized as a key aspect of the ladies man's mentality way long ago.

Really great point, Soup. I have always noticed that 'naturals' tend to have great relationships with their mothers.

Happiness comes from contentment. Are you content with what you have? Are you content with the pace you are reaching your goals? Are you content with your relationships? Are you content with your place within society? Happy people tend to be confident, but confident people aren't necessarily happy.

The insecurity depends on your reasons behind pursuing women and whether you let the rejection get into your head. If you are secure with yourself, ie if you consciously (not subconsciously) know yourself, you will be secure. You will know your strengths and weaknesses and you will know what you need to do to keep moving ahead. If you consciously know this, rejection will never get to your head and you will pursue pussy because you like pussy and its pursuit, not because you need to prove yourself to your friends and to yourself.

Personally, I think Freudian analysis is very cynical. It assumes people do things because of flaws in the ways they were brought up. According to Freudian logic, deep inner sadness and misery motivate the most successful people. That being said, I am not a psychologist and my beliefs may not reflect reality, so they must be taken with a grain of salt.

Messages In This Thread