rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Partner"

"Partner"

I used to hear this word frequently in Peru when I lived there, 15 yrs ago. Now it seems like it's becoming more mainstream in the U.S. Not sure what to think. On the one hand, we only use the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" because we grew up using them; they are no more meaningful than "partner". One time I was on a date and my brother called me and I said "I'm out with a lady friend" and my date and the couple next to me looked at me like I was from the 1950's :/

I guess the biggest problem I have with the word "partner" is that it assumes too much...I don't think of women as my partner or my equal...certainly not 50-50 partners! I've never met an attractive women (emphasis on "attractive") who earned as much as I did, or anywhere near it. And if I did, i'll bet they would not date me - they'd be looking for someone who made more than them. The women who DO earn as much as me generally are butt-ugly, so why would I date them??

But "partner" is certainly how the family court sees it, with respect to MY money!

Messages In This Thread