rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the IT guys out there. . .

For the IT guys out there. . .

Quote: (01-08-2014 03:00 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Question about outsourcing to India...

Do you guys feel that outsourcing is accelerating or has outsourcing hit its zenith? I know the late 90s saw an explosion in outsourcing, but where are we now? Will this increase further or has it leveled off?

From my experiencing, a lot of the processes that get outsourced are jobs that could easily be automated but no one wants to invest in the money to develop and program.

You get what you pay for. There may have been a time when out sourcing was awesome and the talent you would bring on is awesome. Nowadays, the talent is expecting to be paid fairly whereas the small worker drones are the ones doing the push button click here click there type of work. On paper outsourcing looks great, but at the end of the day language barriers, long email turn around times, and budget over runs are the norm. A lot of people have very little patience for indian names and broken english. Not to mention having to do a 6am conference call to sync the times up with India.

I think we're seeing a turn around in reshoring those jobs lost to outsourcing. Our standard of living has dropped and now you can pay a modest premium for the perk of having someone in or near your time zone and speak perfect english. It'll cost more, but you avoid the hidden costs of having to train someone who lives halfway around the world.

I love my indian vendors, but sometimes they do some of the dumbest things. Workers in America have the same problems, but at least there isn't a language and time barrier.

Messages In This Thread