rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the IT guys out there. . .

For the IT guys out there. . .

Hi, Me again. . .after doing tons of research, on the forum and off on engineering, I decided that engineering isn't the path I want to take to the money and travel career plans I have in mind.

This time, I looked for a thread on IT on these forums and really haven't found anything.

So, I have a few questions about it.

What IT skills should I really learn to be more attractive to a wider spectrum of jobs? (both here in the U.S. and abroad)

What math should I brush up on (if any)?

What path leads to the most money?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an example of a job I saw in a coutry I was thinking of moving to one day... How would I go about learning the type of stuff listed here? Also, if I learned that type of stuff, would I still be marketable for a large pool of Jobs in the IT field?

5+ years of strong Linux Operating System knowledge (preferably RedHat and Solaris)
RedHat and/or VCS clustering experience
Understanding of core server concepts, Disks, CPU, Network interfaces and nominal routing trouble-Shooting
Possess ability to craft innovative technical solutions in a challenging environment
Strong Verbal/Written English Communication Skills (Excellent interpersonal/project management skills)
Experience in HFT (high frequency trading) and high availability systems is a major plus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was in college I worked in my schools computer lab with a bunch of IT heads and found the whole thing really interesting, the office had all kinds of harward stuff lying around, and I even got to take a part(and put together) stuff I don't remember the names of haha. Hell, I even got to see my College's server room! It was pretty awesome.

Anyway yeah, hopefully I should be able to find what I'm looking for and what I should start studying up on here.

P.S. if there IS an IT thread that I may have missed in my search, please link it to me!

Isaiah 4:1

Messages In This Thread