rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get into MMA?

How to get into MMA?

Quote: (01-10-2014 01:58 AM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2014 09:33 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Yeah, be honest. I read an article on RoK about it and i liked what it offered.

I personally need to learn how to street fight. I don't see the point of sport fighting as I don't want to compete. I just need to learn how to fight.

The one Krav Maga gym i've looked at in my town seems to be connected with a lot of Israeli Krav Maga competitions. It looks legit heck they even have sparring.

You don't want to compete but you want to learn how to fight, I'm assuming you want to learn how to defend yourself?

How do you learn to stop a takedown? By practicing thousands of takedown defense against athletic opponents who are giving 100% trying to take you down using techniques that work.

Same for escaping mounted position, sweeping from the guard, rnc, etc.
I haven't seen this in Krav in real life or in their videos, what they do looks like sequences out of Black Belt magazine from back in the day.

Of course the RoK piece, your local KM gym make Krav sound legit, they have the slickest advertising, after all they're Jews. [Image: lol.gif]

Why not do two months of KM and then one day go roll at the sport fighting BJJ gym. When you are being submitted think about whether or not you are in any position to gouge out your opponents eyeballs, or bite his nuts off, as the 'street fighting experts' always say they'd do. Should be an eye opener.

Definitely will look into it. I would like to not make stupid mistakes the first time and get the best bang for my buck. I always seem to blindly try stuff until I find the right mix.

Messages In This Thread