rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Question for the web designers out there

Question for the web designers out there

I have an idea for a site that on the surface would function something like a Tripadvisor (without the bells and whistles to start off). But it's dealing with a niche within a niche business and it's something no one is doing and I believe there's a market for.

Anyways, I want people to be able to search and rate businesses around the country. So essentially you could go to New York ---> New York City and there would be a list of different businesses with a rating out of 5 and maybe some stuff like their address with a Google maps link or something like that. Then you can click on it and read reviews or write your own.

But I'm not sure how to implement it. I'm just looking to get the basic infrastructure going myself to make sure there's a market, if the shit ends up looking like Craigslist in the beginning that's fine. If it does well, I'll pay someone to design something better in the future.

I don't mind doing the work and research, I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction and help me avoid spinning my tires. Can I pull this off with Wordpress? I've found a review plugin but I don't know how many businesses, cities, etc. I should add from the beginning. Am I better off creating bigger categories (state) to start off and then creating more subcategories (big cities -> small cities, etc.) as there are more reviews? Should I just manually create a listing for each business off the rip? I'm almost thinking I should just focus on my city and state first and then expand to other areas as it grows.

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread