rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vancouver to send gay politician to Sochi Olympics in protest

Vancouver to send gay politician to Sochi Olympics in protest

I've seen a few stories lately about the city of Vancouver sending two openly gay politicians to the Sochi Olympics to protest the treatment of homos in Russia and the recent controversy surrounding Russia's anti-gay laws. My first thought was, "what the fuck are these idiots doing? They'll probably have their heads kicked in" Article.

Quote:Quote:

As a human rights controversy continues to swirl around the 2014 Winter Olympics, the City of Vancouver has announced it will vote on whether to send an openly gay city councillor as its representative to Sochi, Russia. Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson announced Wednesday Coun. Tim Stevenson wants to travel to Sochi in hopes of asking the Olympics' governing bodies to enshrine rights for LGBTQ people in the Olympic Charter. Russia introduced sweeping anti-gay legislation this summer that makes it illegal to express pro-gay views – or even speak about homosexuality around children at the risk of fines or even jail time.

Man, why can't these arse bandits accept the fact that not all countries in the world embrace homos like Canada does? Why do they have to appeal to the Olympic committee to enshrine gay rights in the charter? Have there been any past cases of athletes being gay bashed at the games?

In a news conference, Robertson said Vancouver and Whistler were proud to host the first-ever Pride Houses during the 2010 Winter Olympics here. "Sadly, as we are learning, this does not appear to be the case with the 2014 Sochi Winter Games," he said. "I'm dismayed to see the important progress we made here in Vancouver is being lost."

I don't know what the hell a "pride house" is but it sounds like something that promotes the homosexual agenda and lifestyle, which is obviously illegal in Russia since they passed the anti-gay laws. So these guys want to travel all the way to Russia to break laws and disrespect the local culture, good job fellas, I hope you get locked up.

Stevenson likened the cause to the end of apartheid in South Africa, a movement led by the late Nelson Mandela, who died last week.
"A man who understood that human rights must include everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation," Stevenson said. "Our objective is not to challenge Russian policy nor to provoke an incident in Sochi, but to channel the support of the LGBTQ community in a positive direction."

I can't believe these queers are seriously comparing themselves and their struggles to South Africa under Apartheid, although I've heard about their "Struggles" being compared to black civil rights movements, its bullshit. People don't know a gay person is gay until they say so, a person of colour can't hide that fact.

I think that these Canadian do-gooders are out of line on this one and may be in for a nasty surprise if they push their agenda too hard in Russia. Actually I"m rather embarrassed that they would do this and represent my country, maybe the Russians should have sent some delegates to the Vancouver games in 2010 to protest all of junkies on East Hastings (the highest AIDs rate in all of North America) or the way our natives are treated.

The Olympics should be about the athletes and sports, not shit head politicians trying to force their view of the world down other people's throats.

Messages In This Thread