rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Positive Thinking/Affirmations?

Positive Thinking/Affirmations?

Quote: (12-15-2013 05:38 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

As with many people, my mind is my biggest enemy. Negative self talk and letting my mind run off with ridiculousness is something I would like to stop.

Anyone use positive affirmations regularly to combat this? I've seen a couple people mention it, but I couldn't find a thread on it.

Any books or resources anyone can recommend on how to implement positive affirmations into your daily life? Is there a certain system that people use to stick with using them and make them work better?

I've been reading Think and Grow Rich and I know there is a section at the beginning about writing down your goals and reading them every morning and every night and it definitely seems to help my mindset.

What else is out there that I should read?

Thanks all.

Continue with Think and Grow Rich too as the book will have you doing a few of these things on a regular basis. By the time you get to the end, he'll have you repeating your goal twice a day (as you mentioned), repeating the self-confidence formula once a day, and there's an entire chapter you're supposed to read outloud once a day until it really sinks in too.

That book really is meant to be an ongoing process for training your mind. I was getting pretty into it after a couple rereads recently and it was charging me up. Have been slipping the past couple weeks on that though so need to get back on the ball.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread