rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Riddick

Riddick

Quote: (12-16-2013 05:15 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2013 03:32 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

It is all about believability -- or suspending belief.

It's not just about believability. It's also about making men useless. In real world women have beauty while men have strength. In a virtual movie or video game world you can draw and apply special effects to make beautiful females who have the strength of a man. Since both men and women have strength in these virtual worlds, but only women have beauty, women end up being superior, but men become second class beings. Add the fact that in fiction females can think like men, can be inventors, commanders and do not slave to their menstrual cycles, they come as truly superior beings.

This is why geeks who consume a lot of fiction, don't have a clue about how women and relationships work in real life and are pedestalizing betas. Because fiction tends to elevate women to be equals in ability to men.

This.

We basically have billions of beta-tized me who grew up with Feminized values being pushed down their throats who also played thousands of hours of video/computer fantasy games and completely lack social skills. These are the guys who some of these movies appeal to.

While I understand the point the OP is making about the Riddick movies, I still don't think they are 'beta.' The character Vin Diesel plays is pretty alpha in that he is his own man, very masculine, goes his own way etc. Plus he get's the girl and could give a f*ck. I do think some of the Riddick characters have gotten lamer and more PC/Feminist as the series has moved on, but even in the first one there was a younger character who was ambiguously sexual and turned out to be young girl posting as a guy IIRC.

The ones I have no interest in and confuse me are the Milla Jovovich/Angelina Jolie movies. I mean who the f*ck watches those ridiculous "Resident Evil" movies anyway? They are all about an incredibly powerful woman laying waste to an army of men who are her oppressors. Even when the character 'falls in love' or whatever it seems the woman is controlling the situation. As for "Lara Croft' that sucks too I just have no interest in watching a poor substitute for Indiana Jones. I just don't see the appeal but it must solely be to these geeky sci-fi guys who get zero tail and thus completely idealize these strong, powerful women characters. To me that is just bizarre.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Messages In This Thread