rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

European Day-Game

European Day-Game

I live in Northern Europe, and day-game here is an odd concept.

Not unrealistic, I think, just requires social smarts. In the States, people got out of their way to make you feel welcome if you are a newcomer. Here, it seems it is expected of you as the newcomer to go out of your way to get into new social circles.

The result is that approaching people on the street in the States is easier, because you don't have to have a very specific reason - small-talk with strangers is common and encouraged.

Here, small-talk leading to number closes with strangers is in no way shunned, but it's very uncommon, and people are often surprised if you do. The surprise can be both positive and negative (what does he want? Or, how nice, someone who talks to strangers). I find that those of us who travel are more inclined to enjoy meeting randoms, but that even amongts this group, people appreciate how we go out of our way not to "bother" each other.

If you think you understand the picture and dynamic I'm illustrating, I'd love some ideas, tips and resources on how to improve and calibrate day-game to the cold, dark North.

PS. I'm a Danish-American citizen. So for me, this topic is particularly interesting.

Messages In This Thread