rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need to Leave Russia - Where Next?

Need to Leave Russia - Where Next?

Quote: (12-13-2013 05:41 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2013 03:33 PM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

A lot of places are good for a week or two, then afterwards I'm missing too many things I like. So if I had a month to spend in another in Europe my list right now would be something like:

Bucharest, Warsaw, Kosice, Barcelona

I've already been to all of these more than once, so I guess I won't commit to a month without knowing what I'm getting into!

P.S. I was watching that TV show about the KGB agents deep undercover - "The Americans". Now I know what an Akula is ;-)

I like your list except why kosice? I spent two nights there. The place is the biggest industrial shit hole I have ever been to. Run down. Gypsy epidemic. Its only redeeming virtue is the hot women but they are a lot more conservative than Czech women.

I was in Kosice twice and everything just sort of fell into place. If you can hookup with somebody who lives there you can find good places. Women are very hot and it's a big student town, maybe they are more conservative, but that makes for better relationship material. I'd like to take some time and get to know a city in Slovakia, but maybe a month would be too long for Kosice.

To tell the truth, your description of Kosice is how Czechs describe Ostrava. Not to rain on the parade, but they say that in the winter the industrial pollution is so bad you can't breath and it's the Gypsy central for Czech Republic (I've never had any problem with Gypsies, but Czechs love to talk about them). The bar street has a few high points. There's a reggae bar there with a cloud of pot smoke and a bunch of hipsters, some even with dreads. All boogying, smiling and having a great time. I was so surprised to find that I wanted to stay around and check it out, but the girl who was showing me around was like "let's get out, now!". LOL

Don't know why Warsaw get such a bad rap here, I want to check out Wroclaw, but everytime I'm in Warsaw I run into the friendliest expats living there who say, hang out with us! I always have fun and there's definitely stuff to do every night.

Also what about Odessa? I know a guy on the ground there who says it's completely untouched by the protests.

Messages In This Thread