rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lisa Wade: Straight White Men Don't Have Enough Friends Because Of Misogyny

Lisa Wade: Straight White Men Don't Have Enough Friends Because Of Misogyny

Ah yes, "man up" and live the way we want you to.

Perhaps this uh, writer, doesn't realize that men build "intimacy" by talking about things that might not be considered intimate.

My closest friends for instance are guys that I can talk about the big and the small things with. We just usually talk about the stuff we love- military history, writing about battles, making our somewhat successful show on YT together, playing ball, etc. All classic "male" things. We don't need to talk about "emotional things." The ethos exists between us that we have each others' backs (and therein, the emotional support), and that's enough. We CAN have emotional disclosure but it isn't something that we focus on.

Numerous other strawmen exist throughout this hack job (masculine being "better" than feminine, forming "intimate" bonds, etc.).

In fact, making a conscious effort of coming into closer contact with my masculinity this year has been the number one driver of my positive development, and I think I am now a better friend than before.

Herbs indeed.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Messages In This Thread