rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pope Francis is the Time Person of the Year

Pope Francis is the Time Person of the Year

Quote: (12-11-2013 04:58 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Seems like a good man. The real test will be to see if he can get some desperately needed reforms going. To my thinking, the best would be getting rid of the rule of celibacy for all but the monastic orders. It makes no sense. Clerics are permitted to marry in Judaism, Islam, Eastern Orthodox Christian, and some other eastern rites (Coptic, Assyrian, etc.) It would enable the Church to attract men of more normal sexual appetites. I don't know why they don't change this. Even in the early centuries of the Church, priests were allowed to marry or maintain concubines.

I'm not a practicing Catholic, and only go to church on Christmas, but still...they should reform this rule.

If priests were allowed to marry and have sex with women then they would become the ultimate alphas in christian communities and other men would hate them.

Messages In This Thread