rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pope Francis is the Time Person of the Year

Pope Francis is the Time Person of the Year

Quote: (09-26-2015 01:20 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2015 01:12 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2015 01:08 PM)Wutang Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2015 12:37 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2013 01:54 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

You know, I don't think it really matters whether or not you like the new Pope. Even though I haven't practiced Catholicism in some time, I grew up going to mass, going to Catholic schools, all that stuff. One thing I remember being told is that the Pope is God's representative on Earth. He is not your representative, he is God's, and is a mouthpiece for God. Not a mouthpiece for your political views.

If you are a practicing Catholic, just thought I'd give you that reminder. If not, then why do you care what the Pope is changing about modern Catholicism?

Here's the thing: he's not "changing" the religion at all. Doctrines haven't been touched, and she's skirting closely around the limits of "infallability" to avoid making any direct comment on church theology. He's doing it all by means of masterful PR spin that gets leftists worked up and in a tizzy about how great he is. In other words he has not once said that gay marriage is OK but he's also made vague comments implying that it should be. The church can't hold him directly accountable but leftists get the queer fuzzies.

I've got a friend who is a devout Catholic. He did two years as a college campus missionary (I didn't even think the Catholic church had missionaries anymore) and is currently in seminary right now to become a priest. He's a very conservative Catholic and loves Francis and he's always insisted to me that the Pope has never said anything that contradicts Catholic doctrine and it's always the media trying to spin him into making him look like he's halfway on the road to heresy.

Here's the thing. He's HALF right. Francis has never directly said anything that contradicts Catholic doctrine. However the operative word there is "directly". Pope Francis is smart enough not to say anything bluntly. Like most high profile leftists he is adept a using coded words and hidden meanings to effectively communicate his true meaning while not saying anything that would provide opponents with anything tangible they can use to unseat him.

He "worshiped" in a Mosque and participated in all kinds of pagan "interfaith" services. St Thomas Aquinas directly condemned that as a sign of apostasy.

Reading skills brother. I said "half" right for a reason, specifically referring to where the guy said that Pope Francis has never directly said anything.

Messages In This Thread