rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Watch Caillou to learn a new language

Watch Caillou to learn a new language

The best way to learn a new language is to be forced to learn it in order to survive.
Get a basic conversation level understanding first any way you can. Then go live
somewhere where only that language is spoken. You'll be amazed how quick you pick
things up when you have to.

I'm first generation here in the US. We spoke Macedonian at home all the time along
with some broken English. We're also very isolated. I never really had anyone to speak
Macedonian with except my mother basically. So obviously she's not going to go too
in depth with the language with me. I knew it on a basic conversation level and family
filtered of course. I knew no slang or other colloquialisms that go along with any language.

I got to spend a month there a few summers. Just being thrown in that environment and
not having English as an option I picked up a whole lot of the native language out of necessity.
My mother noticed right away how much more fluent I became in just one month.

I've always been bilingual. You'd never even know it by speaking to me. I'm completely
fluent in both languages. I'm very lucky I guess.

When I get my work from home gig setup properly I'm thinking about going there for a while
to see if I can setup shop. If I can get the American salary and the local cost of living I'll be golden.
It's a nice place and it has all the modern amenities like cable TV, internet, cellphones etc.

PS I learned English as a kid by watching Sesame Street [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Messages In This Thread