rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I want to move to NYC

I want to move to NYC

Keep in mind that the younger hip parts of Brooklyn that you keep hearing about - Bushwick and Wiliamsburg - are generally considered to be super "hipster" by most people. However, they do offer rent ranging from 800-1500 per person if you live a small ass semi run down place with roommates.

You're not going to see much of the frat scene there and as a result the smoke-shows that seem to generally get attracted to loud white dudes wearing chubbies and crushin brews with the bros aren't going to be as plentiful. There's still some bishes but more of the artsy type.

If that's your scene, just hop on the L train and you'll be in the LES in no time or "Murray Chill" is just a fully pregamed cab ride away. It might be tough trying to pull girls back to what most folks in Manhattan feel is the hipster ghetto but you sound up to the challenge.

I'll stereotype the hell out things so were on the same page. I'll use Murray hill because that's the "cheap" Manhattan starter hood for lots of 20 somethings:

Crushing Brews = Murray Hill
Trendy Faux New Orleans themed Vintage Cocktail Bar without Sign = Williamsburg / Bushwick
Stripped Button Downs = Murray Hill
Beer Nerd Bar = Williamsburg / Bushwick
Zed at Volume 11 = Murray Hill
Local Rock Band at Dive or Up and Coming Indie band = Williamsburg / Bushwick
Drunk Girls in Heels and mini skirts = Murray Hill
Tatoo Sleeve Girl who likes rapey Sex Williamsburg / Bushwick
JAPs = Murray Hill
Fist pumping = Murray Hill
More Gays = Williamsburg / Bushwick
Dressing up Like an Ironic Idiot = Williamsburg / Bushwick
[b]Saturday College Football = Murray Hill
Is it local?[/b] = Williamsburg / Bushwick
1 hot girl for every 5 with scrillex hair = Williamsburg / Bushwick

You get the idea pluses and minuses. Watch out for bedbugs.

Messages In This Thread