rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teaching Yourself Yoga?

Teaching Yourself Yoga?

a mix of both self training and structured class participation is the best route.

the spiritual aspects are something you definitely will not tap into with a self practice if you've never experienced a teachers closing mantras unique to each teacher.

most yoga studios have drop in classes in which you only need to pay $10 for the 90 minute class.
better yet, the studio will offer a really low introductory rate for being new to the studio.
in my city, i have hit up 4 different studios for an unlimited month of classes for $30.

find a spot you feel comfortable at.
one that has a good vibe and the other students are receptive to you.

yelp the yoga studios in your area and following trail of top spots to their webpage.
take a look at the times and read the description of the class.
some studios offer some funky shit.
i went to a 'metal-yoga' class recently- one of the more intense workouts i've ever had.
chillin' in downdog while pantera races through the room at an ear piercing volume.
appreciate the heavy steady breathe.

you gain respect in the room with the fluidity of your practice.
it's easy to tell who is new and who goes to class every morning at 07:00 like clockwork.

with that in mind, hit up a class once a week, drop the $10-15 and soak it in.
take your learnings, find a youtube yoga teacher you like and run with their videos.

having a home practice is essential to becoming fluent in the classroom.

prepare for you're body to send positive feedback to your mind.
it will come.

Messages In This Thread