rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is the best music from the US and UK?

Why is the best music from the US and UK?

I think the UK was somekind of the beginning of the melting pot. First the English themself originally are a mix of different european cultures. Then comes the Empire where the English learnd to manage different world cultures. So it had an effect on their understanding and tolerance for different music.

The USA is much more of a melting pot so it´s no surprize that through good management the different cultures could work together and create something new.

The African Americans had not the high culture but a dance culture which came from Africa. This might have to do with the hot climate and high tesosterone.

So African Americans had always a special ear for danceable music. Same with the blacks in Brasil. This was their main playground. As dance and dance music are very natural all world could easily understand and appreciate the music. Though many cultures dislike dance as it can lead to sex and the demise of the culture.

But capitalism and democracy made it possible that dance music would be acceptable.

As I am a dancing guy I see the influence of the African Americans in dance music. But in the matter of sophisticated music things may be totally different.

Messages In This Thread