rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tolkien on Gun Control

Tolkien on Gun Control

No, I think its bad applied anywhere. I'm living in the Czech Republic right now, which, is one of the least strict nations in Europe regarding guns. Basically, any Czech citizen willing to go through the process and who can afford owning a gun may have one. 5% of Czechs own a gun. 500,000 out of 10 million citizens. And thats just the percentage of legally registered ones. The Czech Republic has an extremely low violent crime rate. The thing about guns is, it doesn't really effect the violent crime rate. It's the culture that's important.

But its funny I was debating gun control with a Brit one night who said, "I love Prague because they don't allow guns. I don't know if I would love it as much without gun control, I wouldn't feel safe." An older Czech guy and I pointed out lots of people in Prague own guns. British guy was like, "Well, I guess my argument went out the window." The thing is, governments change and can become tyrannical. It's a fact of human behavior. A weapons bearing citizenry is simply a requirement for a free people.

Messages In This Thread