rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Engineers here? Some questions.

Any Engineers here? Some questions.

Thanks, I'll be checking out the Engineering threads, I didn't realize the forum had them.

I did think about the lost income, which is why I'm still reasearching a lot. I was a music Major. . .which took a lot of self discipline/hard work etc. and when I was overseas I worked a LOT(had my own business there for a bit). . .so I"m no stranger to that.

Thanks for the info about the placement tests, I hadn't seen that when I was looking. I'll definately work on that if I decide to go through with this.

Quote: (12-01-2013 08:58 PM)Norset Wrote:  

Have you considered trades? Welding, electric, plumbing.. things that are the same in every country (except for certifications). Oil sands are still there, for now.

How much $ will a second college degree cost you? Include living costs and lost current income. Is there any way you can use the military to offset this cost? Guess no since 29.

What kind of school can you get accepted into?

Getting an engineering degree with a 3.3+ GPA is going to be hard work and take self discipline. You might be in for a shock. But teaching yourself languages will mitigate this.

Disciplines: Hardware, computer science, mechanical, chemical (petro)..

A lot of schools allow you take placement tests in 1st year foundation classes. You can shave graduation time down to 3 years that way. You can do this for basic inorganic/organic chemistry, mechanics (physics), electromagnetism, linear algebra, calc I,II,III, diff eq basics, intro computer science classes.

For the gen ed req you can probably also take a test for your language skills and reduce the hours.

Isaiah 4:1

Messages In This Thread