rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Engineers here? Some questions.

Any Engineers here? Some questions.

So, after living overseas for a number of years right out of college, I decided to come back to the states. That was. . .not a good idea. I was thinking about returning to live overseas immediately and even started making plans for that but recently, I thought about. . .going back to school. I could go back to school and get a Major that wasn't a waste of time. (Sorry Music B.A. You haven't been the greatest in landing me decent work in the States).

Eventually I thoguht, "Well Engineering sounds like money." Hell, most people hear the phrase "He's an engineer" all that people hear is "$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ *Ka-Ching*$ $ $ $ $ $ $" Anyway, I was thinking about it, and figured, why not? I could build a nice freelancing writting gig while I'm studying in school, I have enormus amount of game to the point as to where women come easy (the perks of being "older"), I'm only 29 years old so I still look young enough to where if I don't mention my age I'll be fine. . .what's not to lose?

I was thinking I'd study engineering, while polishing my foreign language skills in the country I want to return to, get a job out there, and make lots of money, while being in the place I love and hopefully a decent writing side business. Sounds like a plan right? Right. . .

I'd like to know from my fellow engineers out there a few questions:

-Which type of enginering should I specialize in that would best help me fufill these ideas in mind?

-What math should I brush up on before I even step foot onto campus?

-What type of Engineers/Engineering majors make the most money?

-Which type is Engineering is the most fun? (I did some reasearch and a lot of Engineering labs look really cool. . .I've should have done this 8 years ago!)

I actually have a lot of "Soft" Skills which I know are sorely missed in fields like these, I figure that if I can hack it, I can see a very Lucrative, fun life ahead of me.

Any thoughts?

(edit, sorry if my writing is a bit strange. . .been getting over the flu and having some issues with making decently flowing paragraphs)

Isaiah 4:1

Messages In This Thread