rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

[tech] building desk tops

[tech] building desk tops

I don't think so...
Building your own computer was a big thing in the 90s (my first computer was self-built), but the prices have gone down so much on desktops its not worth the effort. If you factor in time and shipping costs of the separate components (particularly the case), there isn't much of a difference, it might even be more expensive to build your own...

Add to this the hassle of having to send back parts... motherboards and graphics cards often don't work out of the box, and you have to send them back. It's happened to me many times.

It's fun to build a computer, but don't do it to save cash... especially since you're looking at the low end of specs where you can find something decent for less than 400...

Quote: (11-30-2013 01:25 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

For the typical non-gamer, is it cheaper to build your own? watching 1080 video on YouTube with a couple chrome Windows open.

I've been tracking the typical Dell/hp/Lenovo desktop and trying to match the performance on pc part picker, and building it myself invariably more than buying some corporate joint. Especially when you throw in Windows

WIA

Messages In This Thread