rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone ever subscribed to Sovereign Man or TDV et al.?

Anyone ever subscribed to Sovereign Man or TDV et al.?

Quote: (11-29-2013 08:52 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Quote: (11-29-2013 08:17 PM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

I used to be a Sovereign Man subscriber and went to the most recent conference in Chile... I also subscribe to some Casey Research newsletters.... SM is not an investment newsletter and if you don't have some money then you will basically just be reading for entertainment. Casey Research has a few investment newsletters but they are mostly speculative, very speculative.

How was the conference?

I have been curious for some years now what type of information and connections that could be had at these.

Well Simon Black has gotten pretty big so his readers are more diverse.. TBH I wasn't impressed with the attendees and that was probably the biggest reason I went. There seemed to be to many right wing small business owners and not enough libertarian minded globetrotting entrepreneurs. Half the people I met seemed to be everyday divorced men with average careers. I met up with an old Air Force buddy there who went to the conference in Panama a few years ago when SB was still unheard of to most and he raved about the connections he met. He was as disappointed with the attendees in Chile as I was.

I will say that the goal of the conference was not just to spread info but to take immediate steps. They had the bankers, brokers, lawyers in the hotel and you could open the accounts right there with the necessary documents which he informed us about a month or 2 in advance.

The conference was actually really well put together, My buddy said it was managed much better than in Panama, just a different type of attendees. I also went out drinking every night so I wasn't the best at mingling after day 1... I'm sure there were some really good connections to be made and I missed out.

Examples of a few attendees.

One guy was explaining to me that he was afraid to open a bank account in Georgia because the IRS might find out.... He was amazed when I let him know he absolutely needed to report it, he never had any idea. I'm not sure how this guy ever missed this info then dropped serious money to go to this conference in Chile.

In a Q&A another guy asked Simon some shit about how long it would take one of our generals to say enough is enough and take control of the white house... as if a coup d'état is a good thing lol Simon was pretty taken back by this question.

There was an extremely beta little man who was married to an abusive oversized russian women. She was always yelling at him and putting him down... yanking him around by his arm lol. She then went on to bitch out the Chileans at the hotel for stealing/losing her passport by the copy machine, she was probably at fault.

Pretty sure there was a tranny who attended. Not kidding.

Peter Schiff did not like his pregnant fiance all up on me and my buddy. That girl definitely trapped him, I cant believe he would be so stupid.

Messages In This Thread