rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Washing Dishes with Baking Soda

Washing Dishes with Baking Soda

Quote: (11-23-2013 07:48 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2013 06:01 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I know it'll get them clean, but does it actually knock out the bacteria too?

If baking soda had antiseptic properties, doctors would be sprinkling the stuff on their equipment to make it sterile, throwing it into patients abdomens to cure appendicitis, and cleaning septic wounds with it.

Doctors aren't exactly doing the above with dishsoap either. lol

But I appreciate the breakdown.

What you said about running water makes sense to me. I read somewhere that it is very possible to just wash your dishes with water and that in some cultures they do just that. I'm sure not leaving food stuck to them is a huge first step in keeping them bacteria-free, and I always wash my dishes as I use them, since it's so much easier that way.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread