rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (08-10-2014 11:05 AM)echo park Wrote:  

just as a sidenote for this thread - my female friends here (indonesian girls) consistently remark that they meet so many guys that come to jakarta on holiday just to get laid who are really pathetic/boring dudes. ie. tourists come here strutting around like they are the coolest dude in town, without realising that girls in clubs here see through their facade/aren't impressed at all. there was a cringeworthy moment last night at x2 when my friends were humouring this bule by playing along with the pretense that he was 'soooo handsome', flicking their hair etc etc. he was loving it. i wasn't very happy with the fact that they were doing this to him, but it was kind of alarming how often this happened in the space of a few hours. multiple different guys, multiple different groups of girls.

despite the (incorrect) stereotype of indo girls falling over themselves for white guys, a lot of indonesian girls are completely unimpressed by a white guy who struts into jakarta thinking it's lay-city, and i saw many brutal rejections at x2 on saturday night.i personally don't really have a view on this, but i thought i'd bring it up since i've heard it so many times over my last few years here.

one thing i have noticed here is that tourist bule generally fuck far lower quality girls. indo girls are very good at spotting a short stay versus expat scenario. obviously some strike gold though!

Wow I am actually surprised by the first part. I wonder how random dudes even know enough to get the impression that Jakarta would be lay city. Of course from this forum, and some could hear about it from bragging friends who randomly came here, but it's surprising that the information is disseminated that widely. I defer to the masses on that as I could likely be way off base but I thought that was a big part of the reason I get grilled with "Why are you here?" type questions since its not really a hot tourist spot. I haven't been entirely truthful with my responses to those questions, maybe that's why I've done alright.

As for the lame dudes with no style who are bringing low value/boring game and getting clowned, sounds spot on. Thanks for the insights from your Indonesian friends, it must be fun for them to troll people because its so easy. I haven't been here long enough to understand the dynamic yet but that is interesting. In my mind, a random tourist killing it with 8's and 9's doesn't seem realistic anywhere, and anyone, except for veteran players or celebrities, who expects that is delusional. It seems that living here is key to higher tier talent as it would be for anywhere else. Still, my thought is that regardless of how hot the girls are, if a guy is bringing shit game/no value he would likely still succeed at a higher level here than in the west where it would be a train wreck.

Messages In This Thread