rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most effective home workout?

Most effective home workout?

Speaking of the daily pushups - what are your guys' thoughts on doing them that often?

I've been working on the hundred pushups program to build a foundation in fitness after being out of shape for a long-ass time (just as one part of my routine). I'm not quite getting the progress I want yet on the pushups, and I keep thinking about how much faster my pushups accelerated when doing them daily in the past (basic training, starting wrestling season, etc).

The hundred pushups program only has you doing them three days a week. But it's not like I'm sore at all on my rest days. I feel like I could condition my muscles faster by just cranking them out everyday and getting used to the workload.

At the same time, I don't want to keep switching up my routine before I hit the goals I'm aiming for.

Anyone have thoughts on daily pushups (or 5 days/ week) vs. rest every other day?

This old dude in the video below certainly doesn't seem to be losing anything by skipping rest days. I believe Jack Lalanne did them daily until death too.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread