rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meet the world's first HEARTLESS man

Meet the world's first HEARTLESS man

Quote: (11-20-2013 06:16 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-20-2013 02:26 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

I'd be curious to see how the device scales up flow for more vigorous activity. Does it measure adrenaline as a means to increase flow and blood pressure?

Coolest thing i've ever seen.

I was wondering about that too. Your heart automatically adjusts its rate when you become active and your tissues need extra oxygen or even if you are in high-altitude environment. But how would this device know when your body needs more oxygen? I can't imagine it would. Maybe this is just a temporary measure until they can get him a heart transplant.
There are people living with a artificial heart waiting for a donor, the last version I saw had huge battery packs, they may have improved that in the meantime.

Blood flow: You could measure the motion of the body with an acceleration sensor and regulate the flow accordingly.
Energy: There are blood glucose fuel cells to generate power, but they are not efficient enough at the moment to power that pump.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Messages In This Thread