rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Real Estate in SEA

Real Estate in SEA

Quote: (12-10-2013 09:41 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 02:36 PM)mr greenleaf Wrote:  

Investing In Real Estate:

This is the one business everyone has an opinion, but no one really understands how to do it...w/o getting into specifics if anyone wants any advice on how to break into this business on the multi-family/commercial real estate side, please PM me.

The number one attribute to sustain a real estate firm and have long-term success besides in bull markets where even an monkey can make a dollar is to have a boots on the ground mentality...its basically a intelligence business, you bird dog the good deals through your networks and let the masses go after the publicly marketed listings...if you dont have expertise in your local market, i suggest investing in a REIT where you won't bury yourself if you make a mistake.

10,000 ft view: Master your local market - rents, $/Ft, Cap Rates, exit prices, who are the brokers holding inventory...and use other peoples money (you need to prove that you know what you are talking about for people to hand over their hard earned cash).

God speed gentleman.

What are your specialty areas (I mean geographically and kind of units that you have purchased or been involved with some sort of investment) and some of your experiences?

Do you own properties in various locations, and if so what kinds of properties, where and for how long? How about in SEA locations?

If you said this in another post, then I have NOT seen that... Do you flip your investments or invest more for long term and/or on a more personalized level? I realize that what you do and what other guys may want to do may NOT be exactly the same.. but just wondering about your background in this subject.

multifamily, mixed-use (retail below apartments), and some office. Own properties in the US in one major city...we typically have a hold period of 3-5 years, but lately they have been shorter due to the run up in prices in my sub-market.

I used to be a RE commercial real estate broker, before starting my own company...so I cut my teeth selling the buildings to former clients that I am now buying...I raise equity/capital from private and institutional investors and the market has been quite frothy since 2008 when we started...we have about 20 different properties now.

Messages In This Thread