rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The End of the Suburbs in the U.S.

The End of the Suburbs in the U.S.

Yeah in my area being Dallas/Ft. Worth, it's usually two extremes with smart people going the in between route.

Scenario 1 - Millennial with unstable entry level account executive position going all out to live in an overpriced trendy neighborhood for short-term excitement. Yeah the logistics are top notch, but I personally don't think younger people right out of college are emotionally ready to handle the tumultuous bounces of city life while trying to survive in a cutthroat world while trying to build a better long-term path. All really depends on how people play their cards.

Scenario 2 - Millennial after 1-2 years of entry level work experience just immediately buying an uninspiring home in the suburbs in order to build equity, but then complaining about long commutes and unhappiness in their love/social life. Also a huge problem because it's more of a buyer's market these days as this limits the career options one can take while subleasing is a process easier said than done. I honestly would not take the "comfort" of living in the burbs if it meant dealing with God awful traffic on the way to work. I don't mind driving long distances...but I just hate traffic. Lot of suburbs here are becoming a wasteland for fatties or peeps that have given up on life IMO.

Best solution is to find an in between deal that gives you access to a mixture of logistics, partying, shorter commutes, exposure to women on daily basis, and personal/career development while being able to save $$ for the future or traveling.

Messages In This Thread