rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pitching to VC/Angel Investors

Pitching to VC/Angel Investors

A recent project I've been working on has passed my tests to the point where I am comfortable going forward with it. But I'm looking to go big so I'm looking secure around 500k-1mil which would give me the required capital for hiring employees and covering overhead for one year at which point I expect to be running a profit. I could get a loan for the 500k range but I would prefer having a mentor with a stake in the biz helping me.

I've done some google searches for research and have come up with some good stuff, but I'm always looking for more advice.

I've got a pretty solid biz plan written up, it just needs some editing and formatting before I make it official. Conservative estimates put the possible profit around 150mil annually (thats for 100% market share) with the ability to expand to other industries which would increase that. Overhead would only require a small office building, small group of employees (starting with 3, scaling up to around 10-15 max), no inventory. Competition is light and not well established. I have high confidence that it will become viral in the targeted market. Overall I think it is something that is interesting enough for me at least get a meeting with investors.

So does anyone have any experience pitching to VC/Angels or have experience investing in startups?

How should I go about even getting the meet? Should I go in person and drop off the biz plan with a secretary and just hope it makes it way up through the channels?

Where should I network to get access to these guys? I don't really roll in the circles of cats who can drop a million on an idea.

What terms can I expect? I'm already willing to give up a share of the company in exchange for the funding, a well connected parner, and a mentor...but how much of a chunk do these guys typically go for?

These guys get approached all the time, its like a blonde 10 sitting in a bar in Jersey, how do I position myself above the noise?

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread