rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

L-Theanine and Alcohol

L-Theanine and Alcohol

I started taking L-Theanine about 3 months ago. It's great as a relaxant, however after a few shots of tequila I'd usually black out. My friends would drop me off at home and ask me the next day how bad my hangover was, because I'd usually be stumbling to the wrong apartment door. I'd wake up feeling great with zero hangover.

I did some googling and discovered L-Theanine breaks down alcohol 2x as fast in your body (hence the blackouts).

From the following article: http://heavencanwaitcardsandgifts.blogsp...anine.html

Quote:Quote:

Japanese researchers have found that L-theanine minimizes the harmful effect of alcohol in the liver where alcohol is converted to extremely toxic chemical known as acetaldehyde. L-theanine seem to accelerate the digestion of acetaldehyde and to block the harmful free radicals. It increases the levels of glutathione that is normally depleted by the consumption of alcohol and restores the detoxifying capacity of the liver.

Nowadays I'll take one pill in the morning and one pill after I go out drinking before I go sleep.

Messages In This Thread