rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quitting nice job to become location independent.

Quitting nice job to become location independent.

Hi guys,

I was reading this forum since few months and I'd like to ask for your perspective on my situation.

I'm in mid 20s and am currently working in IT company and am enjoying both the job and salary ($100k+ which is quite good for the entry level job I guess). Since some time however I started thinking that working at the office is not what I'd like to do in a long run. I'm software developer, but am thinking of a ways to become location independent (still software developer - programming is my real passion and that's what I want to do in the following years at least). I'd like to connect work with entertainment, living in some interesting country, traveling and spending enjoyable time with lovely girls.

I'm sure some of you guys have gone through this already or might have some input anyway, so am asking for your advises.

First of all, do you think it's a reasonable idea to quit well paying job with good perspectives and relocate? There's obviously quite a lot of risk involved...

What would be the best way to find the location independent software development job (of course I'd be fine with lower salary)?
Do you know what companies allow full time remote work and are fun to work in?

I'd appreciate your input!
Cheers!

Messages In This Thread