rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Just discovered this thread and it brought a tear to my eye. I went to school in Cowtown 30 plus years ago and can testify to how its changed. I still have family there, so I hear about it all the time. I try to get back to it every other year.
German Village was known as Homo Heights in the late 70's, so not much has changed. The Short North is a shock. It began to go artsy over 20 years ago, prior to that it was Hillbilly Heaven.
Back in my day, you didn't venture far south down High Street unless you wanted to get into a fight in a redneck bar.
One of the most terrifying things I ever saw was a fat hillbilly woman as she pushed a half-dead elder in a wheel chair. This was near Victorian Village before the city cleaned that area up. The Garden District was known for the Garden Theater which was a notorious burlesque dive years ago. Things changed rapidly after the convention center was built around 1980.
Did I hear someone mention Crazy Mama's? Jesus H Christ, do I feel old.

Messages In This Thread