rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it stupid NOT to play the lottery?

Is it stupid NOT to play the lottery?

I have hardly ever played the lottery - but as I get older I am wondering if that is stupid? Seriously...

You only live once and it seems reasonable to buy a ticket to instant, insane wealth. People win the lottery each week whilst thinking they would be the last person on earth to do so.

Now - I know the old putdowns - like 'the lottery is a tax on stupid people'. But - there will be many 'intelligent' people who would have won the lottery. But will never know that since they were never in a position to have their dreams answered.

Lastly - it seems rational to start playing the lottery as young as possible. You want to have your friends, health and libido in place in order to fully enjoy your winnings.

I know people at work who are less than a year from retirement who play the lottery each week. And I always think it would be quite sad to win the lottery towards the end of your working life. Much better to win it young so that you can drop out of the rat race at least 20-30 years early!

I guess this post is further evidence that I over analyse things. But I think it is an interestng thing to think about since it reveals something about your overall goals in life. Are you the type of person who wants to shoot for the stars?

Or do you see that money as being a waste since it could accumulate more productively over many years. Warren Buffett talked about compounding small gains over many years as being like a snowball which gathers more and more wealth over many decades.

Messages In This Thread