rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to prevent and defend against false rape and domestic violence charges

How to prevent and defend against false rape and domestic violence charges

Quote: (10-31-2013 05:28 PM)houston Wrote:  

Why dont women get in any sort of trouble for false rape accusations? Im sure a mandatory 6 month sentence would get rid of the problem.

The problem is that objectively false charges are also rare. Those would be cases where there is videotape, DNA, or the complainant's own admission proving that the charge was false.

Even in the case I mentioned above, where the complainant went back to the alleged rapist to get her car fixed, it's not an objectively provable fact that she wasn't raped. This is the murky area that a lot of cases end up in. Not guilty, but not proven false, either.

Quote: (10-31-2013 05:40 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

The U.S. Congress enacted a burden-shifting rule on consent defenses for the US military a few years ago, but it got shot down by a military judge on US Constitutional grounds.

I did not know this and it is chilling to find out. Damn.

The case is U.S. v. Prather, here's a story about the amendments.

The same rules ruled to be unconstitutional in the USA are the law in Canada, however. I don't think the "advocates" will be happy until they're the law in the USA. The US Constitution - it's such a problem!

Messages In This Thread